Advice on all aspects of privacy law
The use of personal data is governed by strict privacy legislation. Currently, the Personal Data Protection Act still applies. On 25 May 2018, this Act will be replaced by the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG). As from that date, the same privacy legislation will apply throughout Europe. The AVG strengthens and expands the privacy rights of the persons to whom they apply. And more obligations will be imposed on enterprises and governments. In addition, the privacy controllers will have more power to take action against infringers of the rules.
The AVG has a great impact on enterprises and governments which process personal data. Enterprises and governments must therefore take action to ensure that on 25 May 2018 they will be compliant with this Regulation. The sanctions for acting in violation of the provisions of the AVG can be huge.
What can our Privacy lawyers do for you?
Our work consists of giving advice about all aspects of privacy law. Recent work consisted of:
- The drawing up and verification of processor agreements
- Provision of advice on dealing with the obligation to report data leaks
- The drawing up of privacy regulations
- Provision of advice on the correct manner for the processing of personal data in view of the upcoming AVG
- Provision of advice on privacy by design when developing new (online) services
- The drawing up of cookie statements
- Provision of advice on the use of personal data for the purpose of digital marketing