International family law
What can our international family lawyers do for you?
In recent years, especially many people from our neighboring countries Germany, Belgium and Great Britain have come to live in the Netherlands. The number of Dutch people moving abroad is also increasing every year. This international trend not only has an impact on personal lives but can also have legal consequences. More and more Dutch people have a foreign partner. But marriages of foreign partners living in the Netherlands can also end in divorce.
Where we can support you
Not only do our lawyers have the expertise and experience to guide you through the legal maze of international family law, we also have worldwide connections with other firms and family law specialists. We advise expatriates and Dutch clients in divorces, alimony and divorces, gradually focusing more and more on more complex legal and financial matters, with an international element. We also assist cross border divorces and work regularly with family lawyers from around the world.
We advise and, if necessary, litigate in the areas of:
- Advising your foreign lawyer in the field of Dutch family law
- Independent advice on prenuptial agreements and parenting plans (especially important if you live in an English-speaking country or intend to get married there)
- International divorces (this can be divorces in the Netherlands with an international character as well as "cross border" divorces, in which litigation takes place in multiple countries)
- International alimony disputes and advice on the collection and enforcement of alimony
- Disputes regarding the division and settlement of marital assets
- Property consequences of cohabitation
- Pension provisions
- Tax consequences both during marriage and after divorce
- International relocation disputes
- Family law consequences for children born within and outside of marriage
- Ancestry issues
- Collaborative divorce
International family law in The Hague
Based in The Hague, Delissen Martens' international expertise meets an important need of the international community throughout the Netherlands. Our International Family Law team has extensive experience and handles many family law cases with an international character. Moreover, the lawyers are affiliated with the IAFL (International Academy of Family Lawyers), where Sandra Verburgt holds the position of President of the European Chapter.
Our lawyers are based in The Hague
Are you looking for an international family law attorney? You are welcome to visit our office in The Hague. Our international family lawyers have the right knowledge and expertise to assist you. Although our office is located in The Hague, we operate throughout the Netherlands.
Need legal support?
For more information, please contact Sandra Verburgt or someone else from our international family law team. They will be happy to assist you.