International Family Law
Specialist knowledge in the area of International Family law
In recent years, many people, in particular from our neighbouring countries Germany, Belgium and Great Britain, have come to live in the Netherlands. This international trend has also consequences for relationships. An increasing number of Dutch persons have a partner from another country. But also marriages of foreign spouses residing in the Netherlands can end in divorce.
Our firm not only holds the expertise that is necessary to guide you in this legal labyrinth. We also have world wide connections with other law firms and family law experts. Sandra Verburgt frequently advises foreign colleagues on Dutch Family Law issues and has also provided expert opninions on Dutch Family Law, produced in courts in England and the USA.
We can help you with:
- Independent advice on pre-nuptial agreement and parenting plans (in particular relevant when you are resident in a Anglo-Saxon country or intend to marry in an Anglo-Saxon country)
- Advising your foreign lawyer on Dutch family law
- International divorces (both divorces before the Dutch Courts with an international element and cross border divorces, when litigation takes place in multiple countries)
- Disputes on international relocation
- Disputes on international contact and care arrangements
- International maintenance disputes and advice on the collection and enforcement of maintenance orders
- Disputes on the division and settlement of matrimonial property regimes