For residents in the United Kingdom who are currently insured in the Netherlands with a Dutch health insurer, they will still be entitled to health care allowance after the Brexit. However, this does not apply if they pay a contribution to the CAK.

In the current situation, a resident may also be eligible for childcare allowance if all the conditions are met. Given the applicable conditions, this will only be done in very specific cases, which will only occur in a few cases. For those cases, that right also expires after a hard Brexit.

Also for a parent who lives in the United Kingdom and can still claim a child-related budget under Dutch law because the United Kingdom is part of the EU, if no further agreements are made, after a (hard) Brexit no claim to child-related budget exists anymore.

Any questions about Benefits?
Please contact Ivo (I.J.) Janssens

Call me:

Wij verwerken uw persoonsgegevens zoals beschreven in ons Privacy Statement.
(* these fields are required)

/ About us

Our lawyers understand the subject, are sober and solution oriented. You can count on our added value.

Delissen Martens member of the 'European Law Firm'
International marriage; law applicable to matrimonial property regimes
Traveling in Corona time – Can I take my child with me?