Working and studying in the Netherlands

In principle, the access to the Dutch labour market for British citizens will be ended once the United Kingdom leaves the EU. During a transition period of fifteen months the British employers keep their rights to stay, work an study in the Netherlands. A copy of the temporary permit must be send to the Dutch employer. Together with a copy of the passport, the Dutch employer will be able to prove that the British employee is allowed to work in the Netherlands. The employer does not have to obtain a separate working permit.[1]

Before the end of the transitional period the British citizens need to apply for a definite residence permit. For more information see  The rights of British citizens living in the Netherlands . This residence permit also entails the right to work and study in the Netherlands.



Any questions about Working and studying in the Netherlands?
Please contact Jeroen (J.S.) Maas

Call me:

We process your personal data as outlined in our Privacy Statement. Privacy Statement.
(* These fields are required)

/ About us

Our lawyers understand the subject, are level-headed and solution-oriented. You can count on our added value.

Delissen Martens member of the 'European Law Firm'
International marriage; law applicable to matrimonial property regimes
Traveling in Corona time – Can I take my child with me?