The British immigration rules are applicable to those wanting to relocate to the United Kingdom after Brexit. The freedom of movement has ended which means that permission from the Home Office is needed to enter the United Kingdom and to reside there. This requirement has to be followed if you want to stay in the United Kingdom for more than three months. In principle the EU citizens will be granted a residence for 36 months. This residence also entails the right to work and study. It cannot be extended. If you want to stay longer than these 36 months a new residence permit should be applied for. This is based on the future regulations with regard to the new border and immigration system. If someone does not meet the new requirements of the new system, it means that the United Kingdom must be left after the temporary residence expires.

Any questions about Settle in the UK after Brexit?
Please contact Jeroen (J.S.) Maas

Call me:

We process your personal data as outlined in our Privacy Statement. Privacy Statement.
(* These fields are required)

/ About us

Our lawyers understand the subject, are level-headed and solution-oriented. You can count on our added value.

Delissen Martens member of the 'European Law Firm'
International marriage; law applicable to matrimonial property regimes
Traveling in Corona time – Can I take my child with me?