Working and studying in the United Kingdom

At the time of withdrawal the British law becomes applicable to the right of EU citizens to work in the United Kingdom.

The British government has announced that the EU citizens and their family members who are residing in the United Kingdom at the Brexit date will keep their rights to stay and work during a transition period which will last until the 31st of December 2020. The EU citizens keep their rights to stay and work during this transition period. However, if these citizens would like to stay in the United Kingdom after the 31st of December 2020 they need to apply for a residence permit under the EU Settlement Scheme. This residence permit will give them the right to work as well. For more information go to the page No-deal Brexit – The rights of Dutch citizens living in the United Kingdom.

Any questions about Working and studying in the United Kingdom?
Please contact Jeroen (J.S.) Maas

Call me:

We process your personal data as outlined in our Privacy Statement. Privacy Statement.
(* These fields are required)

/ About us

Our lawyers understand the subject, are level-headed and solution-oriented. You can count on our added value.

Delissen Martens member of the 'European Law Firm'
International marriage; law applicable to matrimonial property regimes
Traveling in Corona time – Can I take my child with me?