Marc (M.J.E.L.) Delissen
Attorney at law/mediator/partner
Marc Delissen is one of the founders of Delissen Martens and was managing partner of the firm from 2013 to 2018.
Commercial issues form the mainstay of Marc's practice, with a focus on corporate-law disputes and contract disputes. He also deals with property law, including lease issues. He advises and assists top athletes, coaches and leading athletic organisations.
Marc is also a qualified mediator and registered at the Netherlands Mediation Institute (NMI). He can be deployed as a mediator in business and sports disputes.
Before entering the legal profession, he was a player (1984-1996) and captain (1988-1996) of the Dutch Men’s Field Hockey Team. At the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, he and the team won the Olympic title. In 1996 he was decorated with the civilian Order of the Lion of the Netherlands. His sports mentality is also reflected in his work as a lawyer. 'Everyone is responsible for his or her own success and together we are responsible for the success of our firm.'
Marc makes a point of maintaining a friendly approach towards other parties. 'By showing a respectful attitude towards your counterparty, it is easier to move towards ending a dispute. That is what benefits clients the most.'
Service at its best is a top priority for Marc. 'As lawyers, we are service providers. I therefore think it is important to be available at all times, to always answer the phone and to communicate regularly and clearly with our clients. As an office, you can really make a difference that way.'
View the CV of Marc
- Mediation (NMI)
- Leiden University, 1995`
- Mediation Federation of the Netherlands (MfN)
- Sports and Law Association (VSR)
- Dutch Association of Mediation Attorneys (NVVMA)
- Professional association for professional coaches (NOBCO)
Tijdschrift Mr. (no. 1, 2020)
- Disciplinary committee Dutch Golf Federation (NGF)
- Commission of Appeal Royal Dutch Hockey Association (KNHB)
- Chairman evaluation committee Rio 2016 Royal Dutch Swimming Association (KNZB)
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee for Professional Football
- Board member Bas van de Goor Foundation (improves the quality of life of people with diabetes through sports and exercise)
Dutch, English, German