Michaël (M.J.) van Basten Batenburg
Attorney at law/partner
Michaël is a cassation lawyer at the Supreme Court and is a member of the Litigation and Employment Law sections. His areas of interest include pension law, litigation and assistance to company directors.
For clients, Michael is a 'trusted advisor'. He is attentive to their interests, thoughts and wishes. "It is important that a lawyer is not only technical, but above all can offer a listening ear. I take the time to get to know my clients."
In addition, Michaël looks beyond the legal conflict. He also pays attention to the emotional underlying aspects. "I often handle cases where emotions and feelings play a major role. Because of my interest in the psychology behind a problem, I can often deduce what causes the problem. As a result, I quickly reach a solution to the legal conflict."
Michaël also stands out for his experience and expertise. He has more than 25 years of experience within the legal profession. His knowledge of procedural law and litigation strategy is extensive, which comes in handy when negotiating. In doing so, he enjoys taking on challenges. "I am competitive. Clients need a lawyer who does his utmost for a case. Someone who ensures that the problem is solved and that the client can walk out feeling better."
Please see Michaël van Basten Batenburg (michaelvanbastenbatenburg.nl) for further information.
View CV of Michaël
- University of Leiden, 1991
- University of Bologna, 1990
- The Hague Association of Employment Lawyers (VHAA)
- Vereniging Civiele Cassatie Advocaten (VCCA)
- Dutch Association of Procedural Law (Nederlandse Vereniging voor Procesrecht (NVvP)
- Employment Law Association (VvA)
- Member of advisory committee on professional training for lawyers
- Skill trainer in Professional Training Lawyers
Dutch, English, French, German, Italian