Bas (B.D.W.) Martens
Attorney at law/managing partner
Bas has been a lawyer in sanctions law since 1993. He advises and assists lawyers and other professionals on their office organisation, disciplinary issues and professional liability. He also assists them in criminal or administrative proceedings.
As a former dean and director, he has extensive experience in compliance issues. He regularly publishes and lectures on anti-money laundering regulations, conduct law and compliance for lawyers, notaries, tax advisers, accountants, the art sector and other professionals.
In addition, Bas leads Delissen Martens' military practice and provides assistance to military personnel and veterans in compensation cases.
Bas handles criminal cases, both criminal and tax economic. He also provides assistance to veterans in compensation cases.
From October 2012 to November 2015, Bas Martens was Dean of the Hague Bar Association. As a director and supervisor, he has extensive experience in compliance issues. He is a lecturer on anti-money laundering regulations and conduct law for lawyers. Bas is the president of the Fédération des Barreaux d'Europe (FBE) 2022-2023.
- Mediation ADR Amsterdam, 2012
- Criminal Law Willem Pompeinstituut Utrecht, 2005
- University of Leiden, 1992
- 2nd Vice President at the Federation des Barreaux d'Europe (FBE)
- Chairman Vereniging de Militaire Balie
- Co-founder Advius
- Chairman of the Council of Deans (2013–2015)
- Dean of the Bar at the Supreme Court in the Netherlands (2012-2015)
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Hague Bar Association (2008-2012)
- Lector 'Developments and Challenges of Legal Tech in the Netherlands in 2017', Symposium Legal Tech 24 November 2017 Cologne
- Trainer course 'Wwft' for Lawyers, 15 December 2015
- Panellist in ECBA Conference on Directive 7 EU, Access to the file in criminal proceedings, 3 October 2015 Luxemburg
- Trainer in workshop transparency, the new Netherlands Lawyers Act 2015, FBE Bilbao
- Trainer inhouse cursus Advocatentuchtrecht, DM Academy, 5 February 2015
- Trainer inhouse cursus Wwft voor Advocaten, DM Academy, 29 January 2015
- Trainer in masterclass op Advocatenblad Live 2015 over nieuwe regelgeving voor advocaten 22 January 2015
- Lector toezicht op de vreemdelingen- en asieladvocatuur, Amstersfoort 19 December 2014
- Trainer in cursus Wwft aan tuchtrechters, Amsterdam, 19 December 2014
- Speaker at the SDU seminar new regulation for lawyers, Amsterdam, 27 October 2014
- Panel member of the 11th seminar of the board members of the International Criminal Court (ICC) The Hague, 22 October 2013
- Coordinator and lector at the Colloquium International Criminal Law Gent (co-production The Hague Bar Association and Bar Association Gent and University of Gent), 23 November 2012
- De gewetensvolle strafrechtadvocaat Mr. B.D.W. Martens and Mr.S.A.A. Hendrickx, Tijdschrift Strafblad, November 2015
- Specialisatieverenigingen in Nederland, Today’s Lawyer (Belgium), November 2015
Enlglish, German, French, Dutch
/ related news